Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lost and Found: The Easy Road pt 2

Hey, at least I warned you there'd be more!
Have you ever thought something like, "I know I'm supposed to be myself, but who am I?"  In my journey of trying to be authentic, I had to face this one head on.  There's a mythological character that works so hard to be someone he's not, he ends up forgetting who he started out being.  That's sort of how I felt.  I had worked for so long being who I thought everyone wanted me to be, I completely lost sight of Me.  
I started reading the gospels for the answer.  Seriously, if the Bible had a google page, you could type "How to find myself" and it would site Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John!  Who knew?  Anyway, here's one of the many examples I found, "Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self.  What kind of deal is it to get everything you want but lose yourself?" (Matthew 16, The Message)  So, yes, it's just that crazy--when you lose yourself to Christ, is when you actually find out who you are.  It's so hard because it requires a loss of control on our part.  Think of how many things we want in an effort to make ourselves feel better.  We're always left wanting more and our self-esteem continually being robbed, not to mention other areas in our lives.  
Give it up today--I know it's not so easy, but the first step never is!  Give up your life, your whole life, to Christ and finally live the enriched life your heart truly desires.  It's the most amazing thing I've ever done!

2 comments:

A breath of fresh air said...

Thanks for sharing your insights..... its good stuff! :o)

I believe the quest for authenticity is a love/hate relationship for me at the present. But I am learning to enjoy the process.... I am definitely feeling stretched and although uncomfortable and painful, at times, it's where growth is born!
_Suzanne Jones

Cassie said...

Hey Amy, I just found your blog! I read through several of your posts & I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts on here.

Ever since our conversation yesterday I have felt so...liberated! haha. I don't know, something just clicked for me. Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me, I feel like this burden I've been putting on myself is dissipating. Love you!

~Cassie~