Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Baby's One!

I'm sure every mother can relate to all the feelings of seeing your children grow up. Although we celebrate each milestone, there's a bit of sadness that seems to go along with it. I know it's cliche, but I'm just positive it was yesterday that I held Cale in my arms for the first time. However, I look at the calendar and somehow 5/31/07 became 5/31/08. With the chaos of having two boys, I have spent much of this past year hoping for a little more self-sufficiency from this little guy. Now that he's achieved so much, a part of me wishes to go back.
So here I am reminiscing the joy that Cale has brought to our lives and feeling my eyes well up a little. In so many ways, I'm just starting to get to know him. Every day, more and more of his personality is revealed. While the days of cradling my precious second son are gone, I have so many richer, deeper days ahead. Happy Birthday, my sweet Cale!
Oh, and for those of you who are interested, you can go here to see him devour his birthday cake. It's pretty cute but if you close your eyes and just listen, you might think you're watching WWF for babies. Kinda wierd, right?

2 comments:

sarah said...

i'm so glad you are blogging, amy! it's a great way to center yourself. i CAN'T believe you have two little boys! :) they are lucky to have you as a mom.

Summer said...

I feel you!!! Happy Birthday Cale!! :) I can't believe our little ones are so close in age. I cried almost the whole week of Tatum's birthday. HAHA.